On April 1, I started my personal creative challenge to paint an artwork a day for 100 days. I called 100 days of painting by Tuey. And here are all artworks from this project.
My intention for this project is to express myself through painting and to see how I feel when I consistently paints everyday. My attempts for daily project in the past is not really successful. I didn’t feel motivated to finish them. For this project, I am inspired to grab my brushes and play with colors everyday. I found myself keep thinking about color, shape, movement. I really enjoy it.
This project made me learn lots of things about myself. I learned that I love bright color as I see a lot of bright colors in my artworks. I am quite surprise about that, I thought it would be more of dark and grey. I also see confident brush strokes especially artworks I painted during the time I travelled alone. The more I learned about myself, the more I proud of myself.
Thank you everyone for follow my journal and support me
Society6 is print-on-demand website where you can find artwork on variety of products such as pillow, mobile case, pouch, leggings, t-shirt. I, as an artist, always want to have my own work printed on products.
Since I am working on 100 days of painting project, I scanned some of artworks from this project and uploaded them to sell and, of course, ordered one for myself. I ordered pillow with cat scratch artwork which is one of my favorite. I am so happy when I saw my painting become something in my everyday life. The quality is quite good. It’s better than I thought. It took about 2 weeks for pillow to arrive.
You can check out the products at https://society6.com/tuey and let me know what you think about them. I will keep adding more of my artwork. If you want to order my painting that it’s not on Society6 please let me know. 😉
It’s like traditional for me to do on my birthday. It is good to pause for a moment, look back and select things I love in each year before moving forward. I usually write it in Thai but this year I want to share more in English.
- It’s last year of being 20s. I’ve seen things change and learn so many things about life. People come and go. Happy and sad. Nothing last forever… People can change. I changed a lot too.
- I designer embroidery project for Mamuang DIY. We have fun creating and working with like-mind person.
- Hiking at Kao Sam Rod Yod. It was the first hiking after graduated. It’s also inspired me to work out more so I can hike more.
- Spending a night in tent for first time after graduated. I had a bad experience with tent when I was young. I was scared but I did it anyway. It turned out to be a good experience. Maybe because of the good weather and my friend that make it easier for me.
- Found my voice on painting. I painted a lot but never feel like myself as I am right now. It’s just flow, easy and fun when painting like that.
- Taking intuitive painting by Flora Bowley on Creativebug is huge life-changing for me. What she teach is not about how to paint but it’s about how to express myself.
- I keep record of happiness daily for 1 years. Apart from feeling happy when thinking about what makes me happy each day, this activity gave me more confident that I can do something everyday for one year.
- Took Live with intention online class with Jess Lively. This class is about how to “Be” who I want to be.
- Learn about intuition and ego. I am more aware of myself and my thoughts
- Paint daily for 30 days
- Better at speaking English
- Snorkeling at Koh Chang
- Learn how to swim. Thanks to all friends that teach me how to swim.
- Met my friends from primary school and being bridesmaid for her. I always feel comfortable with them even we have not met for years.
- A lot of parties this year. I rarely went to party when I was young but I went to party almost every month.
- A lot of trips too. Kao Sam Roi Yod, Petchaburi, Pracheenburi, Khon Kaen, Chiangmai, Koh Chang, Phuket, Ayutthaya and Hong Kong.
- Work out regularly.
- I love mango juice in Hong Kong so much!!!
- I went to cat cafe in Chiangmai and order boiled chicken for cat. They went crazy trying to get chicken from me. I got wounds from them but I am so happy.
- Customer sent me massage said “You are wonderful shop owner and person”
- Prawn in Ayutthaya. They are so good.
- Got comment on Instagram said “I feel uplifted just looking at your post. Thank you for sharing your authentic self with this community.”
- Make scarf from my painting and it turned out good.
- Got book shelf. Make my life easier and organized.
- Finished one sketchbook
- I feel that there are many days in Bangkok that have good weather. It was cool in morning sometimes.
- Rafting in Pracheenburi. First time in my life. It was fun.
- Learn about Residency artist programs. I was thinking about study fine art or art therapy abroad but I feel like it’s not for me now. Then I learn about this program that allow artist to stay and work on their project. Some places also have scholarship for this program too. It open my eyes and show me that there are many other ways.
- One important concept I learn this year is that I am responsible for my own feeling. Others are responsible for their feeling. When we are sad or happy by someone action, it’s about how we see ourselves. It’s not about others. It’s about me. I heard about this concept for long time but never understand. However, it’s not that easy to take action. I learn that if I maintain my mood to always be in joyful level, it will be harder for things to make me feel bad. I have to be aware of myself. Whenever thoughts show up, I have to said “ok. I see it. Thank you.” and then let that thoughts go. If I hold that thought, it will be bigger and bigger. The same thought will show up more. I am practicing this process and I feel more peaceful.
#100DIYProjects is my challenge to create something for 100 projects in a year. You can follow my progress here on the blog or on Instagram #100DIYprojects.
As I mentioned on Craftspace Weekend post last week that I’m going to challenge myself to do 100 DIY projects in a year. The key cover I post last week is the 1st project I have done. For the 2nd project, I try not to pressure myself too much. I think, in order to finish this challenge on time, I need to let go perfection and do more work.
The magnetic bookmark come with Zequenz notebook. It’s full of text and not pretty at all. The easiest and cheapest is decorate the magnetic with Washi tape.
I mask it with white masking tape first so texts and black color from bookmark will not show up after I use Washi tape. Then decorate it with Washi tape and trim the bookmark.
After finished this bookmark, I got a lot of ideas to play more with this bookmark. I will share you more when I’ve done it.
I now feel more confident about this challenge when I finish 2 projects of this challenge. Although it’s only 2 steps I’ve done, it give me big picture of what I can do it. I’m thrilled to reach this goal and play along with this journey.
This week I didn’t make any craft or draw anything on my weekend but I have done a lot of tasks related to my blog. My intention for this month is to choose myself. I spent most time reading and working on Live off your passion ecourse by Scott Dinsmore. I’m now at module 2 from 10 modules and there are a lot of a-ha moment about myself. I learn WHY I love making craft especially notebook. I learn about my values and skills I do best. It was a good and quiet weekend with myself.
So how was your weekend?
I got a box full of tangled twine and ribbon. I have thought of ways to organize it for awhile but have no idea how to do it. Then I found this silicone cord keeper and I think I can made my own version of this with steel wire!
What do you need?
- Washi tape or fabric
- steel wire
- E6000 glue if you use fabric
Let’s do it!
I will start with Washi tape. Cut the wire about 15 cm. The length of wire can be adjusted. Then attach Washi tape to wire left both end space about 2 cm. to secure the wire.
Attach another side of wire with Washi tape.
Cut the end of Washi tape in V shape.
You will get a Washi tape strip with wire inside that will help you keep twine and string organized.
You can also use fabric to make this. Start with cutting fabric to size you want. I use what I already have which is fabric I got when I made my Tueydori notebooks.
Next, glue fabric together with steel wire inside 2 pieces of fabric by using E6000 glue. Since my fabric is very long, I fold it and glue them together. Wait for 15 minutes to dry.
In case you’re new here, Craftspace Weekend is a blog series I share what I have made on my weekend or how is my creative space. Since I usually work on my creative project on my weekend so I call it “Craftspace Weekend”. I have started Craftspace Weekend since april but I have not updated on English blog much. You can check out the past Craftspace Weekend in Thai here.
This week I was frustrated by my key that made scratches all over stuff in my purse especially my glasses. So I decided to sew a key cover from fabric I have left. It took only 15 minutes to make which is a bit surprise me because I was trying to make once but never finished it. I think creating drawing habit teach me to let go of perfection help me focus more on getting it done.
I love and inspired by goal setting. I set a daily goal, weekly goal, yearly goal and whatever goal I could think of. However, I didn’t achieve every goal especially a big goal. Last couple years, I read books and blogs about goal settings. And I found that goal that I set should be a goal that truly important to me. Many times I set goal that I think it’s good because someone say so but it’s not what I actually care about.
Last week I watched Chris Guillebeau’s interview about his book “The Happiness of pursuit” story of quest and this interview inspire me to set a big goal again. This time will be a goal that I totally care about. As I always blog and reading about DIY and craft so I think my big goal should be somethings related to this. I kept that thought with me for a week to test if I still excited about it.
Then I saw Sabine’s post about her #365craftingtime challenge to create something every day for a year. I love this idea so much but I know from my experience creating habit of creating or drawing something everyday is very pressure for me especially when I spend 9 hours for my day job, 2 hours in traffic and also keeping habit of sketching a day. So I decide to make 100 DIY projects in a year. That means I don’t have to do one project in a day and I would focus more on 100 projects which I think it’s less pressure for me.
I will document them on my blog and my instagram with #100DIYprojects.
And yes, this key cover is counted as first DIY projects.
I was tagged by my boyfriend on Facebook to list 10 books that have stayed with me in some way and I would like to share the list here too. I thought I would not be able to list all 10 but turned out I could list then in very short time. Mostly is self management books and also English book.
- Show your work by Austion Kleon. If you hate the idea of self-promotion, you’re going to love this book.
- The artist’s way by Julia Cameron. I didn’t actually finish this book but I do love the Morning pages which is the habit of writing down every thing in your mind for 3 pages every morning. It help to clean your mind so you have more space in your head to be creative!
- The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change by Adam Braun. This is story about his own journey to build non-profit organisation.
- Little women by Louisa May Alcott. My favourite novel of all times. Also the book that encourage me to read English book.
- The Renaissance Soul: Life Design for People with Too Many Passions to Pick Just One by Margaret Lobenstine. I always thought I problem to choose one interest. This book not only make me realize I’m not alone but also guide me to be myself.
- Choose Yourself by James Altucher. He remind me to take care of myself
- The 8 Traits Successful People Have In Common: 8 To Be Great by Richard St John.
- Zen To Done: The Ultimate Simple Productivity System by Leo Babauta is simple productivity system based on Getting Things Done of David Allen
- ความสุขของมะลิ by ต้องการ Thai book offers fun story of a cat named Mali.
- ถอดรหัสลับสมองเงินล้าน or Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth by T. Harv Eker. A very good and popular financial book that will reset your financial mindset
- (BONUS) I choose e-course by Elise Blaha my favourite blogger. This is not a book but an goal setting e-course that offers an ebook. I love love love this ecouse so much. She changed the way I looks at goal setting. My favourite quote from her ebook is “Goals should be fun. They should be inspiring. Encouraging. Motivating.”.
While I list these books, I realised there are a lot of books that I would like to read and I would share you later.
As I mentioned one of my intention last month is to draw everyday. As you can see from picture above that I miss only 9 days but I could say that I draw more than the past whole year. I also continue keeping this habit for this month. There are a lot of lesson learnt that I want to improve. I think creative habit like this is very important because it’s not only built my drawing skill but it’s also unlock my creativity and help me overcome my fears. I will share you lesson I learnt from keeping this habit later, please stay tune.
However, this post I will share you all drawing I did last month.